Saturday, April 22, 2006


Back to working on the Shirt Tail Hemmed sweater from Sweaters From Camp. It is so pleasurable to see this sweater grow. It is VERY slow since I've been unable to memorize this long a pattern. I've done three repeats now as well as finished off the hem. I'm very pleased with the colors and how they are playing against each other. It was curling so badly I took a wet washcloth, laid it over the hem and steamed it with a pretty hot steam iron. Didn't felt or mat the yarn and now it lays flat and is so much easier to work on. I still alternate the SFC and the FLAK since I could memorize that chart.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Wow, that is so beautiful! You have amazingly good tension, and those colors are perfect together.

Thank you for all the kind comments on my sweater. I'm finding that a lot of the patterns in the book aren't appealing to me at first glance, but after thinking about them for awhile (usually in different colors) they grow a charm.

Liz said...

That is simply breathtaking. Gasp. Lovely work!