Friday, April 14, 2006



Terri asked what I don't like about the Spring Forward cardigan front. Please understand I think Janet's design sense is awe inspiring and she is helping so many new knitters make very complicated sweaters. However, for my personal taste there is too much moss stitch on the front near the button bands. I decided to add cables to this area which was a bit tricky on where to start the cable as you are increasing stitches for the V neck. As you can see from the photo (hard to see), I chose to start the cable AFTER the increases were done over where the cable was going. Now that I've done it, I'm not happy with it because it looks like what it is - just stuck in there!!! Do you think that is why Janet didn't add cables to the front? (smile) I think I'm going to frog and try to start a little cleaner and add the two twist cable on each side of the rope. This is all after FLAK is finished and SFC is a bit further along. The SFC is going to be a long, long knit and I don't mind having another project and switch between the two.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hi Anne, Thanks for sharing and explaining how you would have done things differently. I will keep that in mind when it is time to start my Spring Forward Cardigan.

Enjoy the RV. What a nice way to travel.