Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The winter hat made with left over VY yarns from the Oregon sweater is done. This is a hat not a tam so the top of the hat is not made to lie flat. Seeing me in a tam is a hysterical sight. I made one once and promptly reverted to hats. Besides, tams don't stay on in snow storms!

The bottom of the hat is the corrugated ribbing and six of the leaves from the Oregon charts, knit in the original chart colors. The top is an adaptation of the trees. I lightened up the colors at the top using more of the golder yarns.





This was my Ravelympics project so the team has one hash mark on our score board. I've now gone back to knitting on Fulmar which will never be finished by end of Olympics but at least some work is getting done on it. My hands sure can tell when working on US#2 needles and gansey yarn. They ached this morning or is that just from the month of rain we have had - and are still having!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the hat. You did a nice job translating the sweater into a hat.

Anonymous said...

it's very pretty indeed!

carolyninAlaska said...

That turned out really nice.
What a nice way to use up extra yarn!

Did you have a basic hat pattern that you used to add the graph to?

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear,

I left something on my blog for you. Hope you enjoy it.

hugs
junie

PS the Oregon Hat is terrific.