Friday, August 10, 2007

Adventures in Wooly Boarding - maybe we can make this an Olympic Event? After years of lusting after a wooly board and a few attempts at making my own, I finally went up to Halycon Yarns in Bath, Maine today and bought one. Beautiful wood, smooth, perfectly made joins, well varnished to resist water damage. Had to treat the DH to a Chinese buffet for lunch for riding along with me but hurried home as quickly as possible.





The original washing/blocking for my blue Aran FLAK sweater was on towels on the floor and I was never happy with the way it dried as the ribbing ruffled. FLAK is re-washed, spun dry in the washing machine and now drying on the wooly board. Poor cat sort of backed out of the room when she entered and came face to sweater with something standing there.

Don't know why I waited so long for a board but know it will be well used for many years. It's also finally cooling off a bit so let the knitting resume!

Anne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic aran. Love the colour as well.

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely Aran on that fabulous wooly board. I haven't gotten one yet. But that one is beautiful - and the Aran looks fantastic.

Boy, I am shipping you all of my sweaters for a bath and a stretch.