Monday, January 21, 2008

The Celtic Knot pillow top is done. Finished knitting it while watching the football games yesterday. It was a fun project but I think I will either knit a plain back or make a quilt fabric back rather than knit a duplicate knot for the back. I used an old yarn in stash, Christopher Farms 3 ply, and it was pretty hard on the hands. The pillow measures 13" across. Made in a really fine yarn this could be used as a medallion on a sweater.



Fighting with myself not to start knitting samples of the cables in Annie Maloney's books. I think they would be like Pringles where you mean to eat one and eat the whole can instead. The cables are unlike any I've seen before and her process to create them is fascinating.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Anne. Either the football wasn't very distracting or you are a master of concentration.

Ann said...

Amazing!

Ann

Sheila said...

That is wonderful. Now I have to get the back issue of Twist and Turns!

Marguerite said...

That is an amazing knot.

Bet it was fun to knit, but I can understand why you might not want to do it twice.

Robin said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!